Events Feb 21-28: Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday), Art, Live Music, Cadillac Hotel, Upcoming at The Viceroy!
Starting out with a few NEW things on the AK Blog:
– Subscribe & Win: Subscribe to our email newsletter on the right of the page and get automatically entered to win free raffle prizes!
– Photos & Videos: See our new page with recent event photos and videos. Check back this week for Mardi Gras Parade photos. See it here!
– Santa Monica: the AK Blog is covering Santa Monica events for you- hey, they are just across the Venice border! Welcome to our new client, The Viceroy Hotel Santa! Next Fridays is a new event at The Viceroy on the 2nd Friday each month. Plus there’s an EXCLUSIVE RSVP Only event at The Viceroy coming on March 19 sponsored by the hotel & the AK Blog!
– Welcome I. Roman Accounting Services: when it comes to taxes and accounting, you can have a trusted professional that serves Venice, & Santa Monica- the AK Blog uses I. Roman!
– AK411: this is our local & growing business directory! Check it out!
|Mardi Grad Parade last weekend|
MARDI GRAS with the Gumbo Brothers! This local Venice fave band was at the Mardi Gras parade this past weekend with their brand of ass shakin’ funk, and they’ll help you get your groove on at South in Santa Monica! Get your beads and feathers on and shake it from 7-11pm! FREE!
3001 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403 (between Berkely & Stanford)
More music for post Mardi Gras madness! Suzy Williams cd release concert & party at Witzend in Venice with special guest Michael Jost opening up the show starting at 7:45pm. $10 Cover
1717 Lincoln Blvd, Venice CA 90291
The AK Blog also posts about community events- heads up Venetians! Venice Town Hall: The Emergence of Silicon Beach, FROM THE VENICE NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL. You’ve heard of Google, right? They moved to Venice and so have other digital media companies, in addition to the numerous ones already located here, such as Jagmedia, publisher of the AK Blog. WE WILL POST WHEN WE GET THE NEW MEETING DATE.
Check back again this week for more events & features on local businesses!
Art Event at Cadillac Hotel: DISCARDED: L.A. is an installation that includes 101 projected photos of people sitting on discarded sofas and easy chairs from all around L.A., taken by Lexington, Kentucky-based artists Kurt Gohde and Kremena Todorova during their visit to Los Angeles. 6 – 11 pm FREE Entrance 21 + over, Hosted Bar
8 Dudley Ave, Venice, CA (1 block south of Rose)
Upcoming Events at The Viceroy Hotel:
Next Fridays was launched this month at this chic beach hotel. Don’t miss out on the fun for Next Fridays on Friday, March 9 from 6-9pm with $7 Cocktails ( yes, it’s true, not a typo!) and dj in the pool area with cabanas. FREE
Exclusive Event from the Abbot Kinney 1st Fridays Blog March 19 6-9pm!
This week, look for our Special Ticket pricing of only $10 which will include tray passed appetizers, $7 Cocktails and reduced rate on valet parking. Check back here for link for ticket purchase.